Traders-Insurance.com are happy to announce that we have partnered with leading road safety charity, Brake. Brake aim to raise awareness through the media about the importance of road safety. In addition to this, Brake do work in communities across the country and provide support to the victims and families of road traffic accidents.
Facts about speeding
- Speed is a critical factor in all road crashes and casualties: the faster you drive, the less time you have to stop in an emergency, and the harder you hit
- Fast traffic often makes people afraid to walk or cycle. Lowering traffic speeds to 20mph around shops, schools and houses creates a safer road environment, reducing pedestrian and cyclist casualties by around 40%.
- Speed contributes to over a quarter of fatal crashes in the UK.
- There is a 40% reduction in casualties in 20mph zones.
Tips for cutting your speed down
- Always check your speedometer to make sure you’re under the speed limit
- Take a breath and remember that your safety and that of other road users is the most important thing
- Try to keep a good schedule so there’s no need to speed
Having a speeding conviction is also very harmful if you ever want to start a business in the motor trade since getting insurance with convictions can be a challenge.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here and use the password brakepledge