Mobile Mechanics Insurance is quick and easy to get. Click the green button below to get your quotes now!
- All Types of Cover Available
- Cover for All Business Types
- Employers/Public Liability Insurance
- Combined Insurance Policies Available
- Instant Documentation
Mobile Mechanics Insurance Explained
Mobile mechanics require a specialised policy to cover for all associated risks. If you are embarking on a career as a mobile mechanic then you may not be aware of the types of cover that are available and whether or not you need them. The information on this page should help you decide on what type of policy you want and how you can find it at the best price possible.
You can easily save money on mobile mechanics insurance by getting a lot of quotes. Getting quotes enables you to compare them easily and choose the best one.
Types of Traders Cover Available
- Public Liability – When you’re working on other people’s vehicles, then public liability insurance is a very good idea. It might be the case that you work on a customer’s vehicle and then a few weeks later, the vehicle breaks down because of an unrelated matter. Situations like these can lead to unfair liability claims but it’s always good to know that you’re covered.
- Third Party – This will allow you to work on customer’s vehicles and will cover you in the event of a collision where a third party is liable.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will usually cover any vehicles you work on and your own vehicles. You can also choose to have your tools covered in this type of policy.
- Mechanic tools insurance - Mobile mechanic tools can be quite expensive so it’s certainly a good idea to consider having them covered as part of your policy. Unfortunately thieves often target the tools left in vans since they know they’re expensive and can be sold on. For this reason it’s a good idea to remove your tools whenever possible in addition to getting them covered.
- Breakdown cover – When you work as a mobile mechanic, your vehicle is vital to your living. Therefore you want to be sure that if you breakdown while on the road, you’ll be assisted ASAP. If you don’t already have breakdown cover in place then you should strongly consider having it included as part of your policy.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are something that every business owner has to be prepared for, including mobile mechanics. You can have public liability insurance included in your policy, which will ensure you’re fully protected if a claim were to go against you.
- Legal expenses – If you want to fight a liability claim then you’ll need to be able to afford the legal costs. These can be very steep so it’s never a bad idea to have legal expenses included in your policy.
It’s now very easy to get quotes for mobile mechanics insurance. In fact all you have to do is fill out a quote form and you can have quotes by a panel of specialist providers.
Saving Money on Insurance for a Mobile Mechanic
There are some excellent ways that you can save money on mobile mechanics insurance. These include –
- Pay Annually – Paying for your cover annually probably doesn’t sound too appealing at first since you’ll have to make a much larger payment initially. However the benefit to doing this is that most insurance providers will offer you a good discount on the overall cost of the policy.
- Look Online For Discounts - It’s always worth looking online to see if there are any special discounts available for mobile mechanics insurance. Insurance providers sometimes run special promotions so you could save a good deal of money doing this.
- Make Your Van Secure - Any steps you can take to make your van more secure will certainly help to lower the cost of your insurance. Ideally you would park your van on a driveway, or even better in a locked garage. In addition to parking safely you should also think about getting an alarm and immobiliser installed if your van doesn’t already have them.
- Get a Lot of Quotes - Getting quotes from a lot of different insurance providers can certainly help you to save money on mobile mechanics insurance. Having a lot of choice will prevent you from overspending and allow you to select the policy that offers the best value for money.
Mobile Mechanics Insurance FAQ
How much will mobile mechanics insurance cost?
The cost of a mobile mechanics insurance policy will depend on a few key factors. Those being –
- Your age - Your age will certainly play a factor in how much you pay for cover. If you’re under the age of 25 then you can expect to pay more for cover. However this doesn’t mean you won’t be able to get cover at a reasonable price, particularly if you get an under 25 motor trade insurance policy from a specialist provider.
- The value of your van - The value of your van will certainly affect the price you pay for cover if you have a comprehensive policy or fire and theft added to a third party policy. This is why it’s usually a good idea to go for a van that’s practical and reasonably priced.
- How secure your van is – How secure your van is is another factor that impacts cost. Ideally your van should have an alarm and immobiliser. Most modern vans come with these security features as standard so it shouldn’t be an issue.
- Where your van is parked – In addition to how secure your van itself is, there is also the matter of where you park it. Ideally you would have a locked garage to park your van in as this provides the most security. Failing this a driveway is better than parking on the street, which is what insurance providers consider to be the least safe option and leaves your van vulnerable to thieves and vandals.
- The level of cover you take out - The level of cover you take out will affect how much you pay too. The cheapest type of cover you can get is third party only. This doesn’t really provide any protection for your van itself but it will keep the cost of your insurance to a minimum.
What types of cover are most important?
The most fundamentally important type of cover you need when working as a mobile mechanic is for road risks. Road risks insurance will cover your own vehicle as well as any vehicles you work on. In addition to road risks cover, you should definitely think about getting public liability insurance and cover for your tools as well.
What if I only work part time as a mechanic?
If you work as a mobile mechanic on a part time basis and require a policy that covers you only when you need then this is not a problem. You can simply get a part time traders insurance policy that will provide you with the exact level of cover you require.
How do I get mobile mechanics insurance?
You can get mobile mechanics insurance very easily from a number of providers. If you’d like to get quotes now then simply click on the green button on this page.
Getting Quotes for Mobile Traders Insurance
Just click the green button below to get quotes from a panel of mobile mechanic insurance providers now. You can choose the perfect type of policy for your mobile mechanic business.
Highly tailored policies for Mobile Mechanics Insurance
Going into business for yourself as a mobile mechanic should be an exciting time, but that excitement is often short lived when you come across the minefield that is mobile mechanics insurance. There are so many things that need to be covered on a mobile mechanics insurance policy it can be very easy to get bogged down and just plump for the one that is closest to your needs. The specialised motor trade insurance policies on the panel our site provides make it easier than ever to get the perfect policy, and here are just a few of reasons so many mobile mechanics get their insurance from us.
Mobile mechanics is a broad spectrum that can cover many vehicles and situations. It is with this in mind that insurers on the panel have devised highly tailored policies which have been specially created from scratch to give you the cover you require.. Whether you intend fixing cars on people’s drive ways or being on call to motorway breakdowns there will be an insurer that will have your ideal mobile mechanics insurance just waiting for you.
Compare quotes easily for Mobile Traders Insurance
One of the main subjects which keeps coming up when our customers are giving their testimonies is how quick and easy it is to compare quotes on our site. We have created a fantastic user experience by providing access to quotes from multiple motor trade insurance providers to allow you to check through them without any pressure. We don’t call this anything special, we just call it service.
Getting cover from specialist providers can help you to save money on mobile mechanics insurance.
Save time and money on Insurance for Mobile Mechanics
Being a mobile mechanic means that you will be on call most of the time and your free time will be very precious to you. The 30 second questionnaire is all you need to complete to receive relevant quotes from specialist motor trade insurance providers. We are proud of the fact that we save our customers both time and money and you will not be wasting time trying to save money.
Multiple payment options for Insurance for Mobile Mechanics
How do you intend paying for your mobile mechanics insurance? There are multiple payment options you can choose whichever suits you best. Spreading the cost across the year breaks it down into affordable monthly payments which takes the pressure off the bank balance somewhat but if you want to pay for it all in one lump that’s absolutely fine too.
Instant documentation for Mobile Motor Trade Insurance
You select your policy, you pay your initial deposit, now what should happen next is your documentation arriving instantly into your inbox. We say should happen as way too many companies leave you in limbo between paying and receiving.
When looking for insurance for your business you want to make sure you get the right type of cover. Therefore it’s not a good idea to take out a policy when you feel pressured into it. The good news is that getting quotes online comes without any outside pressure at all. You simply look through the quotes you’re provided with and choose the one that provides the level of cover you need and at the right price.
Get mobile mechanic insurance quotes now
Getting mobile mechanic insurance quotes is a very quick and easy process. All you have to do is click the green button below and once you’ve provided the required information you’ll then have access to your quotes. All you have to do is pick the one that you want most.
Click below to get started now.