Young Motor Traders Insurance

Compare Motor Trade Insurance

If you’re a young motor trader and worried you can’t get motor trade insurance cover then don’t despair.

We work with specialist providers of insurance for young traders who can find you a policy at a price you can afford - just click the green button to get started now.

  • All Types of Cover Available
  • Employers/Public Liability Insurance
  • Cover for Road Risks and Premises
  • Breakdown Assistance
  • Flexible Payment methods
  • Full Documentation Available Instantly

Insurance for Young Motor Traders

Those who are under the age of 25 who want to get started in the motor trade often worry that they won’t be able to find traders insurance at an affordable rate. Whilst it’s true that younger traders typically pay more, it doesn’t mean you can’t get cover that allows you to operate your business with full peace of mind.

There are many specialist providers of motor trade insurance for young traders who help those who are under the age of 25 to get started in the trade in the best way possible.

What Type of Motor Trade Cover Should I Get?

Below are some of the main types of cover available with a motor trade insurance policy –

  • Third party - Third party insurance provides minimal protection but enables you to run your business legally and drive/work on customer vehicles.
  • Comprehensive - Comprehensive cover will protect you for all types of collisions, even those you’re liable for. You’ll also be covered for theft to vehicles and fire damage.
  • Public liability - It’s easy to underestimate the risk of liability claims but it’s very foolish to do this since they can easily put you out of business if they go against you.
  • Breakdown recovery - Breakdown recovery can be added to your policy and will ensure that should you break down while driving a customer vehicle, you’ll be covered.
  • Combined policies - A combined policy is suitable when you also have a premises and want to protect it as well as tools, cash and stock. This isn’t always needed for young traders but the option is there if you require it.

Are There Any Minimum Requirements for Traders Insurance?

In order to qualify for motor trade insurance you need to be at least 21 years of age and hold a full UK drivers licence. Proof of profession is required by some motor trade insurance providers but this isn’t always the case.

What Are The Best Ways to Keep Motor Trade Insurance Costs Down?

  • Limit insurance options - If you’re a younger trader under the age of 25 then it’s usually advisable to limit your insurance options when you went to keep the cost of your insurance down.
  • Increase excess - You can also increase the excess you’d pay in the event of a claim to cut down the cost of your premium.
  • Pay upfront - Paying annually rather than monthly will enable you to negotiate a lower price.
  • Get multiple quotes - Getting quotes from different providers will allow you to easily compare them and pick the best one.

Get Motor Trade Insurance Quotes The Easy Way

You can get traders insurance quotes now by simply clicking the green button. The quotes are provided by specialist providers who are used to working with traders of all ages. All you have to do is choose the policy that’s right for you.