Traders-Insurance.com are happy to announce that we have partnered with leading road safety charity, Brake. Brake aim to raise awareness through the media about the importance of road safety. In addition to this, Brake do work in communities across the country and provide support to the victims and families of road traffic accidents.
Facts about vision
- 1 /4 of drivers have not had an eye test in two years.
- Estimated annual cost of poor driver vision: 2,900 casualties, £33 million.
Making sure your vision is good enough to drive
- If you find that you’re unable to read number plates clearly of find that your vision is poor at long distances then you should get your eyes tested immediately
- Glasses can be a distraction when you’re driving so you might consider switching to contact instead
- You should always get your eyes tested by a professional and make sure you get glasses/contacts that are comfortable for you.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here