Traders-Insurance.com are happy to announce that we have partnered with leading road safety charity, Brake. Brake aim to raise awareness through the media about the importance of road safety. In addition to this, Brake do work in communities across the country and provide support to the victims and families of road traffic accidents.
Facts about tyres and seatbelts
- In a crash at 30mph, a back-seat passenger is thrown forward with a force of 3½ tons – enough to kill the person in front.
- Three-point seat belts mean you’re 50% less likely to die in a crash.
- The most common vehicle defect contributing to fatal crashes is illegal, defective or under-inflated tyres. Check tyre pressure once a month, and replace tyres when the tread depth reaches 3mm.
Tips for making your vehicle safe to drive
- Check all seatbelts are working properly
- Check tyres are properly inflated before every journey, especially during harsh weather conditions
- Always be sure to have seatbelts checked following accident
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here