A Quick Start Guide to Motor Trade Insurance
What you need to know
Finding motor trade insurance online is very easy but before getting quotes it’s always a great idea to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of it so you can make the most informed decision possible. On this page you’ll find an explanation of the different types of cover available as well as the criteria you must meet in order to qualify for motor traders insurance.
Who Can Benefit?
Below are some of the business types that can benefit from motor traders insurance –
- Car Showrooms
- Repair Centers
- Valeting Services
- Auction Houses
- Breakdown Recovery
- MOT Centers
- Vehicle Recovery agents
- Performance & tuning workshops
- MOT stations
- Coach trimmers
- Vehicle Mechanical repair
- Vehicle Air conditioners
- Vehicle Valeters
- Delivery agents
- Vehicle Importers
- Classic car specialists
- Mobile repairers, fitters, tuners, mechanics
- Accessory fitters
- Engineering workshops
- Scrap and salvage Merchants
- Sound and security Installers
- Exhaust, tyre and windscreen fitters
- Alternative fuel converters workshops
- Vehicle enhancing workshops
What Types of Vehicles Are Covered?
A standard motor trade insurance policy will cover the following
- Business vehicles
- Customer’s vehicles
- Personal vehicles, if named in the policy
When it comes to vehicle types, most policies will cover –
- Most types of cars
- Most motorcycles
- Vans that do not weigh more than 3.5 tonnes
Do I Qualify for Motor Trade Insurance?
There are some basic requirements for taking out a motor traders insurance policy. These are –
- You must hold a full UK drivers licence
- You must be over 21 years of age
- You must be able to prove that you work in the motor trade
Types Of Cover
Below are the types of cover you can get with a motor traders insurance policy –
- Third Party - Third party insurance will provide protection for the cars where a third party is liable. This allows you to operate your business legally and for minimal expense. In most cases, personal vehicles and premises are not covered.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft - The same as third party cover only fire damage and theft are now included.
- Comprehensive - Comprehensive insurance covers the same things as above but also provides full protection for your cars, for example if you or one of your employees is to blame for a collision.
- Combined - A combined policy is the most comprehensive type of cover and will provide protection for the businesses vehicles as well as the premises and any assets. This is ideal when full protection is required. Policies can be highly tailored to suit the needs of the business.
- Part Time - If you only work part time in the auto trade then a part time policies are available.
Getting Quotes Easily
Getting quotes is essential if you want to ensure that you get a good price on auto trade insurance. By clicking the green button below and providing a bit of information about your business, you can have access to tailored quotes from a panel of motor traders insurance specialists.